Family Attorneys - McGuire Gardner, PLLC - ARIZONA DIVORCE LAWS
Existing Clients Login
Child Custody/Support
Other Issues
About Us
Info Center


An Experienced Arizona Lawyer Can Help You Protect Yourself in an AZ Divorce or Family Law Case

The law offices of McGuire Gardner P.L.L.C., serving clients in the East Valley of Maricopa County and in Phoenix, Arizona, and throughout the state, has experienced attorneys ready to help you with any aspect of your family law case. Arizona Family law is the area of law that includes dissolution of marriage (divorce) or legal separation, child support and custody of children, adoption, and all of the related legal issues, including spousal maintenance (alimony), division of property and debts, establishment of paternity, issues related to domestic violence and criminal abuse charges, guardianship cases, grandparent rights, and all cases directly impacting families.

To learn more about each area of law, please click on the link or scroll down to the topic, or to contact a lawyer about your case and to schedule your free initial consultation by telephone go to Contact McGuire Gardner

Arizona Adoptions and Step Parent Adoptions
Arizona Domestic Violence/Orders of Protection
Grand Parent Rights
Modification of Arizona Child Support
Modification of Custody
Modification of Spousal Maintenance
Non-Parent Custody

Adoption/Step Parent Adoptions:

Lawyers at McGuire Gardner P.L.L.C. have helped many families with their adoption needs, including adoptions of infant children, and step child adoptions. If you want to bring a child into your home through adoption, if you and your spouse are contemplating adopting one of your children through a step-parent adoption, or if you are considering giving a child up for adoption, please contact us to discuss your case.

Contact the law offices of McGuire Gardner P.L.L.C. for a free initial consultation by telephone to discuss your adoption related issues.

Domestic Violence/Orders of Protection:

Arizona domestic violence encompasses a number of crimes which include violence or threats of violence against individuals in domestic relationships. These include assault, threats and intimidation, trespass, endangering someone, interference with custody of children, kidnapping, trespass, and others. If you want to protect yourself and others who are facing domestic violence, but are not in immediate danger, you can apply for an order of protection from the Superior Court or Justice Court. If you are in immediate danger call 911 for law enforcement assistance.

If there is already a case pending in the Superior Court, you should seek your order of protection through the Superior Court. Otherwise, you may seek an order of protection in many justice and municipal courts. Let the experienced attorneys of McGuire Gardner P.L.L.C. help you.

An Order of Protection comes from a Judge and is intended to help prevent additional acts of domestic violence by letting you seek help from the police. Such an order is valid for one year, and are renewable thereafter if needed. Even if you have an order of protection, it is not a guarantee of your safety. You should always be alert and careful and take steps to protect yourself.

An order of protection is permitted when certain relationships exist. Examples of the types of relationships include:

    A spouse or former spouse Your current or former roommate of the opposite sex The Parent of your living or unborn child A relative by blood or marriage.

Contact the law offices of McGuire Gardner P.L.L.C. for a free initial consultation by telephone to discuss your family law case.

Grandparent's Rights:

In Arizona, grandparents are allowed the right to see and spend time with their grandkids. Relationships between grandparents and their grandchildren are special, and Arizona recognizes this fact. Quality time spent with grandparents typically benefits both the child and the grandparents. Unfortunately, divorce or other family tension can sometimes threaten the grandparent/grandchild relationship.

If a parent with custody will not let a grandparent visit with his or her grandchild, the grandparent may petition the Court to allow visitation.

In all cases, the Court's primary concern is what is in the best interests of the child. Don#39;t let a family disagreement keep you from maintaining your relationships with your grandchildren. Instead, contact us so we can protect your relationship and prepare a petition for filing with the Court.

Contact the law offices of McGuire Gardner P.L.L.C. for a free initial consultation by telephone to discuss your rights as a grandparent.

Modification and Enforcement of Custody, Child Support, and Spousal Maintenance:

Many of the issues raised in a divorce or paternity proceeding are resolved when the Court enters the Decree of Dissolution of Marriage. However, certain orders are ongoing and the Court retains the ability to modify these orders as time progresses. Also, it is sometimes necessary for a party to seek the Court's assistance to enforce a previously entered order. Our experienced attorneys can help you with these post divorce child support, post divorce child custody, and post divorce spousal maintenance issues.

Major changes can include an increase or decrease in the income of a parent, caused perhaps by the loss of a job, or the associated loss of medical insurance. The child may have needs that were unforeseen and unplanned for by the Court or the parties. In some circumstances, one parent wants to move out of state with the child. If a change in circumstances is such that it impacts the orders previously entered by the Court, a modification of those orders from the Court is necessary.

The professionals at the law firm of McGuire Gardner P.L.L.C. can help you with modification and enforcement of orders.

Changes in income, whether up or down, may mean that the child support order needs to be modified. Child support modification is not retroactive so if you believe that a modification is warranted you should contact us as soon as possible. Do not rely on agreements that are not recognized by the Court as they are generally unenforceable.

Child support enforcement: We can help you enforce a child support order. If you are a non-custodial parent and you are behind on your payments, you should contact us to see what can be done about past due amounts.

Sometimes the custodial parent can no longer care for the child. In that instance, we can help you obtain a modification of the custody orders. Both parents may agree to change custody in certain cases, such as when they agree the child should attend a particular school where one parent lives. It is important to obtain approval from the Court when modifications of custody are agreed to. If either parent is planning to leave the state or the country with a child in violation of the Court's orders, talk to an attorney as soon as possible.

If alimony or spousal maintenance payments are no longer needed, or if it is needed for longer than originally provided for by the Court, or if other issues affect the needs of one spouse, or the other's ability to pay the Court can modify an award of spousal maintenance.

If a party does not comply with the Court's orders related to the division of debt or property, we can help you petition the Court to enforce the prior orders.

Contact the law offices of McGuire Gardner P.L.L.C. for a free initial consultation by telephone to discuss modification or enforcement of your current court orders.

Non Parent Custody:

In some cases, neither parent is able to provide for the needs of the child. Often a relative will take responsibility for the care and support of the child.

Numerous circumstances can prevent a child's parents from caring for and having custody of the child. Medical conditions, mental illness, drug and alcohol abuse, or emotion or physical abuse an all play a role. It is important to know your options. Speak to an experienced child custody attorney as soon as possible if one or more of these circumstances is present.

If you are acting as the guardian or caregiver for a child whose parents are unable to care for the child, contact us to discuss how you can get legal and physical custody of the child to enable you to make the important medical educational and other decisions in the child's life. We will work to make sure that the child's best interests are met.

Contact the law offices of McGuire Gardner P.L.L.C. for a free initial consultation by telephone to discuss your custody rights as a non-parent.

For your free initial telephonic divorce or family law consultation, please contact the law offices of McGuire Gardner P.L.L.C. today, and speak with one of our divorce lawyers experienced in family law cases.

Our Divorce and Family Lawyer's Telephone Numbers:
East Valley (Mesa, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert) (480) 559-8101
Phoenix and throughout Maricopa County: (800) 899-2730
Flagstaff, Prescott, Verde Valley, and Northern Arizona: (928) 225 2597
Toll Free: (800) 899-2730

In addition to answering your questions about the law by phone, you may also contact us online or by email. We will promptly reply, scheduling your free initial consultation by telephone, provide driving directions or AZ maps to one of our offices right in your community, and assist you in scheduling a time for you to meet with any attorney to start your case.

Disclaimer: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.